Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Taiwow

CHILDREN OF THE AMAZON:

How dare I leave the cyberoptic* world in troubled suspense over my mission call! It's like you would have thought I died or something. Welp, here it is..................!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OO1p4kNKT4

I try to be really bad and cool in my blog, and act like I'm apathetic towards life and the things that happen to me.

But this.
is.
SO.
COOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I am SOOO EXCITED, I just want to leave right now! I still have two months to go, and it is painstakingly slow. I have no idea how the heck I'm going to learn Chinese. I wish I was more concerned about it, because that would lead me to action and actually trying to learn it. I don't have much motivation because I don't know where to start! I'm going to ride a bike and wear a skirt and eat tofu everyday and possible even learn to like it, and obey rules (I've never obeyed a rule in my life), and actually go to bed at a decent hour (like that's even possible) and do so many impossible things!!!! Most importantly I get to study/preach the gospel 24/7 for 18 months and isn't that the best part of it all? To be a full time representative of Jesus Christ and labor with all my heart, might, mind and strength to bring souls to Him! How miraculous and wonderful and life changing.

Oh, and don't mind the blubbery babyness of the movie, it's all for effect. ;)

Speaking of emotions, aren't tears a funny sort of thing? Why does liquid exit the eyeballs when happiness, sadness or laughter is experienced? I am sure I'm not the first person to have wondered that. When we went boating in Maine this summer, my dad was teaching my sisters and I that when we get up on water skis or a wake board, it's tempting to freak out the first second you stand up because you are so happy that you won the war against the water, and then, you fall immediately. God must bring us down with our weaknesses before He lifts us back up! Dad then taught us the phrase, "Keep it together, keep it together, keep it together." He encouraged us to recite that in our heads when we're losing our cool. I have to tell myself that when I start to cry sometimes. The phrase comes in handy in a variety of situations.


* I'm not sure what cyberoptic means, but I'm pretty sure it means something.

1 comment: