Saturday, September 26, 2009

Vile Piles of Files

Today has been a very alphabetical day. Allow me to explain.

I work in a sad little place where the senior citizens flow like wine, and Microsoft Word is still in the 2003 version. This summer I have been temping for a lady on maternity leave, and she finally returned this past Monday. I never thought I would see the day, but yes, miracles happen. My boss Rita asked me to stay on board for some time until I leave in November, and I thought it was a dream come true. An opportunity to make more moolah! Don't say moolah.

Turns out, all I do is FILE. ALL DAY. EVERYDAY. I'm so sick of alphabetizing records. In the mornings I'll begin to alphabetize my socks until I realize that you CAN'T alphabetize socks. Not in this era, anyway.

The one good thing that has come of today was around noon I realized there really, truly is one good thing about the name Mckenna: It comes before Mckenzie in the alphabetical order. AH DANG IT. As I'm typing this now I just realized that most people spell it Mackenzie, don't they. I can never win.

No comments:

Post a Comment