Thursday, August 6, 2009

The nightmare before Christmas

Tomorrow is a very big day.

I'M GOING TO GET MY MISSION CALL!!!!!!!! Who would have ever seriously thought that I of all people would go on a mission. I know everyone is surprised because all my life I have been a 15 year old bright-eyed beehive that fruits around and is in love with the world. WELL I TURNED AROUND. ACTUALLY I DIDN'T. I'm still the same wombat girl but the difference is I'm a wombat girl with a purpose now.... A mission, if you will.

Anyway, I have had tyrannosaurus rex butterflies in my stomach all day and I can't even breathe. I keep giggling uncontrollably and I have no appetite, but I only eat because I'm nervous.

My call should arrive around noon and I get off work at one. Typical Stephen the Beast has decided to grace the city with his presence and I have no idea when he is getting home. It's so unfair that I have to wait for a brother that shows no interest in my mission anyway! And he probably isn't even getting home until 5 or 6! Ray; my buddy, my man, my brothah from anothah mothah who is my partner in crime that is also preparing for a mission, is going to his aunt's at three tomorrow... so Steve's selfishness is possibly preventing Ray from being there. I really want Ray there. It's bad enough that Stew won't even be there; my brother who was there for me in the process of making this decision. He gave me the vision of serving a mission, he helped me find this path.

Ok I had to get the complaining out of my system. I am just so excited, I want it to be perfect!!!! Thank goodness my sisters will be there. Elder Raey and Elder Call, the missionaries in my ward who have taught a lot of discussions in our house, cancelled their exchanges tomorrow so they can both be there! It's so sweet. I feel like I'm really going to open it with my family this summer. It's a nice thought. However, a part of my family is missing; a few of my best friends are in other states at the moment and it really, really stinks. :(










Because I am going on an 18-month mission and therefore will miss two Christmases, I decided today that I will listen to only Christmas music until I leave so I get all the cravings out of my system. Not that I can't listen to all Christmas music on my mission, but Britney Spears "My Only Wish" probably is a no no (I love that song).

2 comments:

  1. DAHHHHHH!!!! I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS POST AND WITH YOU. It's fine. I miss you Mckennna. UGH! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR EVERYTHING!! LOVES LOVES AND MORE LOVES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. McKenna!!!!!! I LOVE YOU AND AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! This can be your excuse to call me and we can finally talk!!! Call me on Saturday. GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!

    Also, that picture of me and Jo and the fridge is not okay.

    ReplyDelete